Some examples of authentication work we have done with Plone:
- Integrating Plone with CAS (Central Authentication Service, from Yale) allowing seamless single sign-on between a .NET portal and Plone site
- The development of an NTLM PAS plugin that allows Plone to work with Microsoft's Windows Integrated Authentication. Users are transparently logged into their Plone intranet with the credentials then entered into their PC when they logged in.
- Authentication of a Plone intranet against multiple authentication sources, in this case authenticating against a Microsoft Active Directory server, as well as a Novell Groupwise LDAP server.
- Configuring Plone to fetch group membership information from Active Directory populated via distribution lists in Microsoft Outlook.
- Setting up Plone to authenticate against an existing MySQL user database used by a PHP-based message board system, allowing all existing message board users to be able to log into the Plone site with the same username and password.
- Hourly batch synchronisation of user details in a Plone intranet from a separate master HR database hosted in a different country.