Plone Integration and Deployment
Being Open Source means that Plone offers the ultimate in flexibility. With over 3,000 3rd party add-ons developed for Plone, the chances are someone out there have already done what you need to do.
Some examples of some of the integration work we have done with Plone:
- Integrated Plone with an in-house HR system, syncing employee details from the HR database to the Plone intranet
- Hooking up a Plone knowledge management system in a company with their photocopier. Put an article in the copier, hit the button and go make yourself a coffee whilst it is scanned, OCRd, uploaded directly to Plone and full-text indexed, awaiting your return
- Integrating plone with Quickbooks accounting software so that invoices and be 'printed' from Quickbooks directly to an intranet, where the key financial figures are extracted and graphed on the intranet
- Integrating Plone with pretty much every corporate authentication system there is out there. See our authentication page for more details.
- Displaying data from other systems in a 'dashboard' in Plone, such as source control log messages, weather reports, automated nightly reports.
In terms of deployment, we've deployed everything from a small out-of-the-box Plone site on shared hosting, through to a 20 machine cluster with virtual machines, replication, multiple development, UAT and production environments.
So, if you need to integrate Plone with some other system you have, or might have in the future, then the answer is probably 'yes', but why not contact us and we can talk to you in more detail about it.