elegance and simplicity made possible by the technical sophistication underneath
Architen Landrell Associates are one of the most highly regarded and innovative creators of tensile fabric structures and architecture in the world.
For over 25 years they have created award-winning and groundbreaking work for thousands of clients around the world, including Barclays Bank, BT, Lexus, and even the Sultan of Brunei.
Many of their works have become internationally recognised both as exceptional examples of tensile fabric architecture, and as landmark buildings in their own right.
Architen Landrell approached Netsight to create a new website that was primarily a showcase for their considerable body of work, and which also offered a range of technically sophisticated features to simplify management without ever compromising the finely honed appearance of the site. We worked with them to create a site that, like the buildings they create, possesses elegance and simplicity made possible by the technical sophistication underneath.
The new Architen website is fully content-managed so site content and portfolio items can be updated quickly and easily. Based on Plone, the site has a number of custom extensions that enhance the user experience, and create extra value.
- At the core of the site is a cross-referenced, fully searchable database of projects, with intelligently-assigned related projects to encourage users to 'wander' through the portfolio and discover items they were not originally searching for. Related projects are also shown on relevant content pages around the site.
- Custom-designed interactive location maps place the projects in the portfolio within a geographic context, and allow searching by location through a familiar point-and-click map interface, covering the entire globe at a variety of detail levels.
- Dynamic (on-the-fly) generation of PDF datasheets for each project in the database - saving substantial administration time.
- Integration of interactive design elements with the content management system: - Flash slideshow on the homepage, and AJAX 'lightbox' slideshow on the projects page.
- Various methods of customer data capture and contact management.
The site is also accessible and search-engine friendly, despite using a number of 'rich' design features - showing that the right mixture of great design and a standards-compliant interface is not only possible, but can actually enhance the final system.