Intranets for multinational company dedicated to sharing business-critical information
In 2011 Netsight liaised closely with the Belron project team to plan and deliver a major upgrade of the intranet to the latest version of its base content management system (Plone 4) and to implement many new features and capabilities provided by intraCORE (Netsight’s suite of modules enabling more powerful interactivity, with improved user interface). More recently, Netsight has worked closely with Belron International staff to introduce Single Sign-On functionality (coordinated with Google Apps) and secure automated cloud-storage for video and large files.
Over the years Netsight has worked to build and continuously improve an indispensable management tool, in constant use across business units in the UK and Europe. The system gives managers and staff within the business the power to communicate and share information effectively. By aggregating and organising large volumes of vital data, the intranet system assists with the day-to-day running of business within a large multinational company.
Netsight provides dedicated managed hosting and ongoing maintenance and 24/7 support for the live and staging Belron intranets, hosted within its ISO 27001 certified data centre.
Plone, intraCORE, Python, MySQL, SSO, cloud-storage, Apache, HAProxy, Varnish
More case studies
- Alder King: Intranet for commercial property agency and consultancy
- Belron: Intranets for multinational company sharing business-critical information
- Birkbeck, University of London: Internal management system and website
- Brightside: Secure ementoring and white-label projects platform for education charity
- CounterpartyLink: B2B online application providing legal entity data to institutions worldwide
- Kent County Council: Secure portal for local government information-sharing partnership
- Marine Stewardship Council: Data-rich websites for international ecolabel organisation
- NHS HSCIC: Unifying intranet for a large and diverse public body
- Vitae : Online community supporting career development for UK researchers