Online community supporting career development for UK researchers
Even though the existing Vitae website had accumulated much information useful to researchers, the project team intended to make the Vitae website more interactive, more effectively structured, and easier to use across a range of devices (from desktop computers, tablets and mobile phones).
Based on carefully specified requirements documentation provided by the Vitae project team, Netsight later used ‘Waterfall’ methods to implement a range of improvements that included: shared cookies to facilitate consistent user experience when visitors move between the coordinated Vitae and ‘RDF Planner’ sites; enhanced user profiles; more powerful search and administrative functionality; more extensive membership subscription options. Netsight also collaborated with Vitae on the design and implementation of cloud-based platform hosting and remote backup / disaster recovery strategies (ensuring that backups are stored outside the cloud platform).
More case studies
- Alder King: Intranet for commercial property agency and consultancy
- Belron: Intranets for multinational company sharing business-critical information
- Birkbeck, University of London: Internal management system and website
- Brightside: Secure ementoring and white-label projects platform for education charity
- CounterpartyLink: B2B online application providing legal entity data to institutions worldwide
- Kent County Council: Secure portal for local government information-sharing partnership
- Marine Stewardship Council: Data-rich websites for international ecolabel organisation
- NHS HSCIC: Unifying intranet for a large and diverse public body
- Vitae : Online community supporting career development for UK researchers