Thanks for accessing our website to find out information about our services (“Services”), which are provided by Netsight Internet Solutions Ltd (“Netsight”) located at Trelawney House, Surrey Street, Bristol BS2 8PS, United Kingdom.
By using our website, you are agreeing to these terms.
Using our website and services
Using our website and Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in any of our Services or the content you access. You may not use content from our website or our Services unless you obtain permission from Netsight or are otherwise permitted by law. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our website or our Services. These terms do not allow you to remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services.
Our website and Services may refer to or link to some content that is not ours. Such content is the sole responsibility of the entity that makes it available.
In connection with your use of our website and Services, we may send you service announcements, administrative messages, and other information from time to time related to our services. You may opt out of some of those communications either by contacting us directly or by following opt-out links in our messages.
You may need an account in order to use some of our Services, and you are responsible for the activity that happens on or through your Account.
Customer Response Time
When you contact us by one of our published “role” email addresses, such as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, we will acknowledge receipt of your email within 5 working days (usually less). Please note that if you contact a member of our team directly, the response time may be longer especially if they are out of the office.
In the extremely unlikely event that you believe you have received unwanted or offensive communications from a domain under our control, please forward a copy of the email to email@example.com and we will investigate the issue. Please be aware that many such communications use a forged sender address, and so if you do receive such a message, we may not be able to do anything about it.
Domain Names Key Terms
Please note that we no longer provide stand-alone domain name registration services to new customers. However, if you already have a domain name with us, these are the key terms for that service:
- Renewals are for a 2-year term, and cost £20+vat for .uk domains and £30+vat for .com/net/org domains.
- When your domain is expiring we will contact you with a reminder email, using the email address we have on record for you, at least 14 days before the renewal date. If we do not hear from you by the expiry date, we will attempt to contact you once via the telephone number we have on file. If we still do not receive a response, we will assume that the domain name is no longer wanted, and we will allow it to expire. We strongly recommend that you maintain your own record of your domain name expiry dates, in case reminder emails do not reach you. Please note that we cannot accept any responsibility for loss incurred from expired or deleted domain names.
- If you want to renew your domain name, either reply to the reminder email, or contact us in any usual way, and we will either renew the domain, or assist you to transfer it to another registrar. Given that our domain name registration services are being wound down, we generally advise non-development customers to transfer their domains to another registrar.
- We do not make any charge for transfers to other registrars, provided the transfer is straightforward (you provide us with the correct transfer details, and respond to all necessary communications correctly and promptly). If the transfer is complex, we charge for our assistance at our standard hourly rate of £85+vat, with a minimum charge of one hour.
- All outstanding invoices must be settled in full before we will perform transfers.
Domain names complaints procedure
Our Registrar Agreement with Nominet (the organisation which controls .uk domain names) requires us to make our complaints procedure regarding the registration and management of .uk domain names available in the following format. If you have any queries or concerns regarding our other services, please contact us as normal.
If you wish to make a complaint about a service you have received, please submit an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with as much detail as possible about the issue you have. We will acknowledge your complaint within 1 business day and aim to resolve any issues within 5 business days. If you’re not happy with the initial outcome of your complaint, than please feel free to escalate your issue to a Director who can be contacted at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still not satisfied, please contact Nominet (the .uk registry) here: http://www.nominet.org.uk/disputes/complaining-about-registrar/complaints-procedure.